New Foreign Minister takes office
Today Mr. Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson took office as MInister for Foreign Affairs in the new Government of the Independence Party, the Reform Party and Bright Future, which has been formed and took office today.
Eleven ministers will take seat in the Government, six from the Independence Party, three from the Reform Party and two from Bright Future. Three of the current ministries, the Ministry of Industries and Innovation, the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Welfare, will have two ministers each.
- Prime Minister is Mr. Bjarni Benediktsson, chairman of the Independence Party.
- Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs is Mr. Benedikt Jóhannesson, chairman of the Reform Party.
- Minister of Health is Mr. Óttarr Proppé, chairman of Bright Future, (Ministry of Welfare).
- Minister of Social Affairs and Equality is Mr. Thorsteinn Víglundsson, Reform Party, (Ministry of Welfare).
- Minister of Education, Science and Culture is Mr. Kristján Thór Júlíusson, Independence Party.
- Minister of Tourism, Industry and Innovation is Mrs. Thórdís Kolbrún Reykfjörd Gylfadóttir, Independence Party, (Ministry of Industries and Innovation).
- Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture is Mrs. Thorgerður Katrín Gunnarsdóttir, Reform Party, (Ministry of Industries and Innovation).
- Minister for Foreign Affairs is Mr. Gudlaugur Thór Thórðarson, Independence Party.
- Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources is Mrs. Björt Ólafsdóttir, Bright Future.
- Minister of Justice is Mrs. Sigrídur Ásthildur Andersen, Independence Party, (Ministry of the Interior).
- Minister of Transport and Local Goverment is Mr. Jón Gunnarsson, Independence Party, (Ministry of the Interior).